There are some basic rules about vacuuming floors that, once understood, can make the process of vacuuming floors more efficient. If you are a perfectionist, the disappointing news is that you may have to clean the same area of carpet up to seven times in order to remove all soil! Here are some cleaning tips from Ocean Clean, the best deep cleaning company in Singapore.
The rest of us, however, find vacuuming a high-speed chore. But there is no reason to hurry through the process. If you want the machine to be able to soak up as much dirt as possible, you should move slowly.
Vacuuming Tips to Make It Efficient
- You should vacuum area rugs twice weekly, but don’t forget to vacuum the flooring underneath them as well.
- Choose the right type of vacuum for most of the flooring in your home. Most canister vacuums are more effective at collecting soil from hard surfaces, while rugs and carpets are best cleaned with an attachment or upright vacuum with a beater bar.
- Make sure your vacuum is frequently cleaned so that it works at its best.
- If you have a multi-story home, keep a vacuum on each floor if you can. Having a vacuum on each floor encourages more frequent cleaning.
- To trap as much dust, dander, spores, and bacteria as possible, choose a vacuum with a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter. You can prevent particles from re-depositing on surfaces like floors and upholstery by using a HEPA filter.
- Make use of your vacuum’s features. Vacuum heads on upright vacuums should be adjusted to the flooring type. You’ll get better suction and trap more dirt. The beater bar should be engaged or disengaged depending on the surface. Leaving the beater bar engaged while cleaning hard surfaces can cause dents and scratches.
- Make sure the vacuum is running slowly to remove as much dirt as possible. Move the vacuum several feet ahead of you and pull it back in the same direction. Overlap the paths when you move to a new area of the floor. Follow one direction of the room (east to west) and then follow a 90-degree angle (north to south).
- If your vacuum is broken, sweep and dust mop hard surface floors, and clean carpets and rugs by beating, scrubbing, or using a carpet sweeper until your vacuum can be repaired.